Build your own ice fishing hut and hit the frozen lakes to fish in comfort with quality materials and expert advice from your local Co-op Home Centre.
Follow our comprehensive and easy-to-understand assembly instructions to ensure your project will be a success. This ice fishing hut has a compact design to allow for easier transportation, like in the back of a pick-up truck. Should you prefer alternate dimensions, the assembly steps can easily be adjusted to accommodate a larger footprint. The plan can also be customized to remove the window or to add a second one, to the left of the door. Consider adding skis or a low-friction material to the bottom of the skids to make it easier to move the ice fishing hut while on the lake. Don’t forget to pick up a propane heater at your local Co-op Home Centre to stay warm and keep the fishing going!
Length: 76” Width: 48” Height: 95-5/8”
- Pressure Treated 2x4 – 8 ft., 3 boards
- Spruce 2x4 – 8 ft., 7 boards
- Spruce 2x2 – 8 ft., 27 boards
- 3/8” Plywood – 4’x8’ Sheet, 8 sheets
- 11/2” Coated Deck Screws, 398 screws (2.5 lbs.)
- 21/2” Coated Deck Screws, 24 screws (0.2 lbs.)
- 3” Coated Deck Screws, 158 screws (1.75 lbs.)
- # 8x 1” Wood Screws, 60 screws 0.35 lbs.)
- Hurricane Ties, 6 ties
- 4” Tee Hinges, 3 hinges
- 51/2” Door Pull, 1 handle
- 11/2” Rigid Insulation – 2’x8’, 1 sheet
Recommended tool list
- Safety glasses
- Tape measure
- Miter saw
- Hand held circular saw
- Jig saw
- Sanding block
- Drill & bits
Power tools can be substituted with the applicable hand tools. If available, additional power tools, such as a table saw, impact driver or power sander, can be used to improve efficiency. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's operating instructions when using power tools and take all required safety precautions.